Sunday 22 January 2012

a tad manly.

I have found myself since coming to university having a bit of a style change. I used to dress pretty smart really, all chinos, shirts pretty dressed and smart shoes but since arriving here I seem to have done a complete 180 and gone super casual.

A side effect of this you could say is that I am increasingly found to be wearing clothes made for men. Now don't get me wrong I have no shame in letting the world know I really love wearing men's clothes, I don't even mind wondering around the men's section and getting an odd look here and there. In fact i love shopping in the men's section. Although its not for everyone I think its nice to find something you know no other girl will be wearing around uni or a cut that you wouldn't find in women's clothing.

I've begun to collect quite a lot of men's items and I thought it would be a cool idea to show them in a post and essentially rave about how much I love them.

Vans: office £44.99

I think many people will agree with me that Vans are a pretty great shoe! Whether your a girl or a guy I think these are something everyone needs to have in there wardrobe for those days when you really can't be bothered to try too hard and want to throw something on with jeans and a jumper. I think as unisex shoes go these are my number one.

denim jacket: Topman (boyfriends)
hoody: Primark £8

Ok, i will admit this denim jacket isn't exactly mine and as hard as I am trying to keep it in my possession I think sooner or later my boyfriend will ask for it back, unfortunately for me it has become my favourite thing to wear, and I am now desperately trying to find one of my own just like it! The hoody underneath comes from Primark and was a cheap at £8 which i think was well worth it because I've began layering it under almost everything!

all tops: Primark £2.50

Another great buy from Primark is these men's slim fit t-shirts in XS for £2.50. I bought the grey one on a whim one day just to try it out and have rushed back to get them in a couple different colours and it turns out these are now some of my favourite t-shirts. I think the reason I love them so much is the high neckline which is almost impossible to find on any women's tops.

all Topman sale £1-£4

Men's jewellery is yet another thing that I love to get my hands on. Whenever Topshop and Topman have a sale I go straight for the jewellery because lets face it its a tad over priced when its not discounted. Thinking about it i need to pop down there again soon to have another cheeky look around. Its surprising what you find when you really look.

I personally think its totally acceptable to not only raid you boyfriends wardrobe but fill yours with your own selection of manly pieces, but then again that might just be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment